Thank you for your interest in joining the Explore and Discover cooperative! E&D is committed to providing a quality early education program for infants and toddlers in Denver’s Wheat Ridge neighborhood. Our families and professional staff work together, contributing their time, talents, and skills to meet the ideals of the Reggio Emilia Approach to Early Childhood Education. Collaboration in a parent co-op requires time and commitment, but is very rewarding and is fundamental to our program.
The best way to learn about E&D is to visit! Tours are available by appointment.
Please email email@example.com to schedule a tour.
Applying to E&D
To apply to E&D, please
- Submit a $75 payment via check (payable to Explore & Discover), Zelle or Venmo. This is a non-refundable application fee.
- Submit a completed Enrollment Application and a statement of parent participation.
If there is immediate availability in your child’s age group, you will be contacted by the Executive Director. Otherwise, you will be placed on the wait list and contacted if a space becomes available. Open spots are offered based on the wait list regardless of number of days preferred.
Our continuity of care model makes wait lists and enrollment a bit different than other child care centers. Children are sorted into “groups” by their date of birth. Each group has a 6 month span of birthdays and a wait list exists for each group. Enrollment of a new infant group typically happens about every 6 months after the oldest group of children turns three or leaves for preschool. Sometimes spots may open up between these larger enrollment times. In the case of open spots, the director will contact families on the wait list based on the date they were added to the wait list.
Vacancies in care-giving groups are filled based on the following priorities:
- Currently enrolled children may increase the number of days enrolled.
- Children of current E&D families, alumni families, and E&D staff are offered spaces in the order of the date they applied to the wait list. To be included in this priority, alumni families must be in good standing with E&D.
- Children of new families on the wait list are enrolled in order of the date they applied.
Enrolling at E&D
The Executive Director will notify you when there is a spot available for your child, leaving a message if you are not available. If you have not responded within 48 hours, the spot will be offered to the next family on the wait list.
E&D cannot hold a spot for a family who wishes to start later than the available start date. If a space becomes available too early, you may
- accept the spot offered and begin paying tuition for your child immediately, using all or some of the days your child is enrolled or
- decline the spot and request to stay on the wait list in case a spot becomes available that is better suited to your needs.
If you choose to enroll, you are responsible for the following payments:
- Within 48 hours
- A $50 deposit which will be credited to your first month’s tuition.
- At least two weeks before your child’s first day at Explore and Discover
- First month’s tuition
- One time $200 registration fee
- Last month’s tuition
Checks should be payable to Explore & Discover with your child’s name on the Memo line.
Please explore the rest of this website for more information on our program, policies, and tuition rates. Our tuition rates and more are available here. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions